Radical Software & Consulting Inc.
Providing the Best Solution
Mr. Allport has a wide range of expertise developed over
many years working with patents, including:
- An understanding of the Supreme Court Ruling on the
case Bikski v. Kappas (aka Bilski) in October 2009.
- Analysing a patent to see if a patent is impacted or
applicable after the Bilski ruling.
- An understanding of the AIA act passed in 2011 and the
impact on the treatment of patents.
- An understanding of the processes and decisions
utilized in patent examination process through the use
the "Manual of Patent Examining Procedure", issued by
"West a Thompson Reuters Business". This is
conjunction with the USPTO Website resources.
- An understanding of the USPTO "Inter Parties
Revocation Proceedings, Inter Parties Reviews, Post
Grant Review and Inter Parties Reexamination".
- Performing searches of patents to locate prior art that
could impact the case, including patents and
publications. This uses many resources inclusing:
Google Patents, the USPTO Website, the WIPO online
resources and other sources detailing previous
- Analysis of patents to extract and analyze the claims and
litigation. This includes changes made in circumstances
where "continuation of application" has been used by
the patent owner.
- Creating claim charts using one or more claims from
the patent and matching them against the processes in
the potentially offending computerized system.
- Forensic analysis of computer software including:
- Code, class libraries, design.
- User Requirements.
- Documents detailing the design and the
- Documents describing the Implementation.
- Database models and physical tables.
- Creating documents detailing all aspects of a
potentially offending from the code only.
- Analysis of auxiliary documents such as: e-mails,
depositions and notes from meetings.
- Documenting and presenting findings to the attorneys
and the client.
- Being prepared for and participating in depositions.
- Attending court and making presentations to a judge
relating to a case.